Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
It was a dream, other than traveling with the in-laws and by that I mean my type-A brother-in-law and his bratty teenagers who were (gasp!) unable to spend their entire week glued to their screens and had to actually interact with the world and the people around them.

The weather was uncharacteristically perfect with barely a raindrop to be seen. We got to do some minor exploring in Juneau (where, unfortunately, I was not able to connect with RDW, which was totally my fault) and Sitka, Ketchikan, the Hubbard glacier, a short, evening stop in British Columbia and of course some sea time.

The other pleasant and unexpected surprise was that I never had a lick of sea-sickness. I'm prone to motion sickness in all it's forms and...nothing. My sainted sis-in-law had a bout as did the oldest nephew, but I was just fine.

Raptor center, gold mine, lumberjack show, all the touristy stuff (just how many jewelry stores can Sitka support in a few city blocks?) and it was a ball. A tad exhausting (see type-A brother-in-law) but we made some great memories and I can see why people are enchanted with Alaska. I'll grant you, I'm sure the winters and more typical weather would get to me after a while, but all in all it was simply a grand adventure and a cruise is all they say.

Thanks for asking. I'm going to try and make it a point to get more into my old routines here. It's been missed, even with the substitution of Facebook and such.

Prof
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.