Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
It was not too late to buy NVDA when you posted this question, it's not too late now and it won't be too late for several years. NVDA has been a consistent growth stock except for a couple of quarters when they had an issue with large chip returns from crypto mining. That issue will not happen again. The company is involved in every strong technology growth market you can think of, from AI to self driving cars, the Data Center and Omniverse, EV's, cars in general, gaming (of course) and name any other growth business that uses lots of semiconductor technology. And the company is the leader in most of those businesses. Furthermore, it is no longer simply a graphic chip company; it is an enterprise software company as well. And any business they're not involved in they can purchase their way into if necessary. If one business the company is in the middle of doesn't grow for a while, another two will. Forget the P/E. It leads the industry with a 62% gross profit margin and a 28% operating margin while currently enjoying 53% quarterly revenue growth along with 82% quarterly earnings growth and 30% return on equity. Jensen Juang is a business genius.

I first bought NVDA @ $40 a share. I stuck with it as it rose through the 300's, 400's, 500's up to around $800 where it split 4 for 1. It is now on its way back up to $800, which is $3,200 pre-split. It's going to be the next $1 Trillion then $2 Trillion company. In my humble opinion, the stock should be a basic requirement in everyone's portfolio. It grew into my largest holding a few years ago and nothing is moving up fast enough to get even close. I owned 100 pre-split shares, but I sold 60 in order to use the money to begin buying NVDA long term options and I've done nothing but make money on them. When the stock was around $490 I bought a $440 call with an expiration date out close to 12 months for about $11,000; I sold it after just 4 months for $38,000, a $27,000 realized gain. I currently own 4 different options with gains between &0% and 480% after 2 months or less (I bought the first one on October 1 and the fourth on October 26). I hope some day to come across another stock that makes me as much money as NVDA has since I made that first purchase @ $40 per share, but I'm not holding my breath.

No, it's not too late to buy it. Don't listen to anyone who tells you AMD is a strong competitor either. AMD is a good company and stock, but AMD investors think about NVDA a lot more than NVDA investors think about AMD. It's a great idea to go to NVDA.com and look around and maybe subscribe to the company's email updates.

Good investing!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.