No. of Recommendations: 0
It's certainly a risk.
It ran out back in mid December 2018 and according to Barr:
“My approach to this would be not to upset settled expectations and the reliance interests that have arisen as a result of the Cole memoranda," said Barr. "Investments have been made, so I don’t think it’s appropriate to upset those interests… I’m not going to go after companies that have relied on the Cole memorandum. However, we should either have a federal law that prohibits marijuana everywhere, which I would support myself because I think it’s a mistake to back off on marijuana. However, if we want a federal approach, if we want states to have their own laws, let’s get there, and let’s get there the right way.”
Right now then nothing has happened to indicate that he's going to change his mind from the statement above, but it's always possible.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.