Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It's certainly a slow process and requires a lot more patience and willingness to actually trust The Process than I'm used to doing.

Right now I'm relying on NSVs (non-speed victories .....as opposed to non-scale victories) to keep my motivation high......or, rather, the promise of them.

Don't know if you've gone-a-Googling at all to check out this Z2/MAF training but my lenses (the ones I'm refocusing) have been trained at least as much on the more nerdy research at cellular level as the various training websites and plans. Specifically the effects on the mitochondria (that's one area that's the topic on many of the Attia podcasts)

Problem is with this level of focus, the biofeedback requires a lot more sophisticated measuring and invasive stuff than just a wearable with stopwatch and GPS capabilities......and I can remember years ago when board members (yes, they did exist!!) would poke a bit of good natured fun at my use of a basic HRM!!! I'm certainly not going to inflict muscle biopsies on myself, or even regular blood lactate measurement.....something Attia reckons he does (although, as an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if this technology is somewhere in the pipeline for addition to the whistles and flashing lights on future generations of wearables......you read it here!!)

I requested an insulin resistance test at my annual physical just over a week ago so that'll be something to (over?) focus on moving forward.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.