Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
It's hard to be upset about this particular board being closeted. It's been so quiet for so long it's just not been the cool, fun place that I remember it being. I know there have been some great games since the board quieted down, but they just don't get discussed here like they used to. No one's fault - traffic has slowed way down, people have moved on, interests may have changed.

As for myself, I was so happy to have found this board. It was a blast to check in daily for quite some time. Now it's mostly just another fond memory of my time here in Fooldom. I retired at 55 back in 11/2020, and have spent a LOT of time gaming since then (along with a ton of other things, but definitely a lot of gaming). I couldn't be more content with my personal bubble right now... :)

Just finished Assassin's Creed Valhalla on my (super-cool) PS5. That inspired me to go back and do a main-story run-through of Assassin's Creed 3 on my PS3, which I dropped about a third of the way through the game eight years ago (emphasis mine, cuz I couldn't believe it'd been that long). So far, I'm enjoying it much more than I did before. That one just has a really convoluted interface and the side-missions basically take over the game if you let them. Same thing happened to me in my initial playthrough of Red Dead Redemption (the first). Loved it the second time through. So when I finish AC3, I'll probably load up my untouched version of AC4: Black Flag (PS3) and see how that goes. I've still got Days Gone, Spiderman: Miles Morales and Horizon: Forbidden West waiting in the wings on my PS5. BTW, Spiderman in HDR on a 75" 4K TV via PS5 has got to be one of the most amazing-looking games I've ever laid eyes on. And pretty fun, too!

Lastly, my ancient self-built PC (processor still from 2009, but most everything else has been upgraded a time or two), I just finished Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor which has been sitting in my Steam library for a few years. That was a fun little title! So fun, I immediately bought the sequel, Middle Earth: Shadow of War to extend the fun for a while longer!

Non-game related, my wife super-surprised me with a completely-unexpected (yes, I'm aware of the redundancy here) Christmas present. She bought me a Taylor acoustic guitar. I've always had a niggle in the back of my mind that I'd learn to play guitar some day, but never acted on it. She kind of forced my hand, but I'm overjoyed she did. I was nearly moved to tears from sheer emotion when I opened the present. I still suck at guitar and likely will until I die, but I get a little better each week. I can actually play a couple of recognizable tunes now, though I've found that I have a new level of respect for people that can play AND sing. Man, trying to sing the song I'm playing messes my playing up bigtime! :D

Oh well, no one's here, and no one cares, but that's where I'm at in life right now.

Peace and Good Gaming to All,
Draggon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.