Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
It's interesting reading though nothing too conclusive that makes me want to select one over the other so I will continue to hold both as fundamental high growth (triple digit), strong tail wind eCommerce/ Fintech plays in 2 fast growing emerging market regions that will be tapping trillion $ TAMs in the future... -- Ant

Yep. There can be more than one "platform" winner (not a Highlander "there can be only one" sort of thing), especially in a case like this where we have multiple ways to meet customer needs with different geographic concentrations. I own AMZN, SHOP, MELI, GLBE and SE. Theoretically, competitors..... and they ARE competitors to varying degrees.... but they all have their own advantages and, importantly, they are all doing very well. I see owning all of them to be worthwhile. SE is the largest in my portfolio at 15.9%, AMZN the smallest at 0.4% (kept as a "souvenir" position from a prior larger one). Overall, the total "platform" allocation for us is 28.1%. (Collectively, they are a #2 position).

Rob
Rule Breaker Home Fool & STMP/MTH Maintenance Coverage Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.