Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This far.....

(Mind you, I used to take this stuff MUCH more seriously. Once I decided the trajectory - I kind of have accepted laughter -)

Lowest lifetime moment watching politics.

1992. Ross Perot gets 19%, concedes the race. I cried hard. Like really hard. Had circulated petitions, gotten signatures, dang I wanted him so badly to win it.

Political High in lifetime

I was too young to enjoy Reagan - so I can't count that.

Has to be Bush's re-election in 2004. I thought that was as good as it gets.

But I've been thinking and realizing: TODAY, THESE DAYS.....my God it's like riding a political crest. I absolutely LOVE every single day - vis a vis politics. Of course, I don't do cable news or talk radio, but every single day, every week - I'm so cheered by observations, headlines, real trends, and forgone conclusions that are less theory and prediction - - - but looking REALER and REALER now.

It's politics Utopia.

I've openly waited for this glorious time since about 2006. And here we are..... still nowhere *near* the desired result --- but the trend - is a sure-thing, slam dunk.

And it keeps on getting better and better. I think about what is to come ...I watch not only both sides, but the budding tribes and castes that get more and more official and dug-in each day...... and my goodness I giggle...oh mama it can't get better - -and then - I think of the automation coming - and the 'effect' it will have on these tribes....oh Geebus it gets better! Then --- BAMMO with any luck, 15-20% of the nation wouldn't be able to speak with and listen to the rest of their countrymen . All this combined...... whew I can't smoke that many cigarettes!

So c'mon, be optimistic. I sure am!

*No TMF member is attacked personally in this post. The Leader has merely cheered American politics, and not criticized either side- I praise both sides. Go Team Go.*. TEN HUT, kiddo
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.