Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
People panic no matter how much you tell them that there is nothing to worry about. I was privy to a number of phone calls yesterday where people were discussing 'how in the world are we going to get gas!?!?!?!' while the pipeline is down.

The supply of gas is not short, it's a matter of getting it transported to a particular area of the country. So how should people act? If you are below a quarter of a tank or know you are going to need gas in the next few days, get gas. But do they do that - NO! People are lining up around the block to fill up and some people are even filling all kinds containers that are not approved to hold gasoline (which could endanger other people and possibly the environment). THEY ARE WASTING WHAT GAS THEY HAVE TO BINGE BUY! THIS IS NOT THE 1970s AND WE DON'T HAVE TO FIGURE OUT IF WE CAN GET GAS ON AN EVEN OR ODD NUMBERED DAY! I'm puzzled why the gas stations aren't limiting the amount each person can purchase per visit.

This will probably be over by Monday. Will gas be a bit higher? I dare say it will for a couple of weeks (but don't ask me to explain that - it seems to like gouging to me). I don't understand the general public. It seems they take every opportunity to FREAK OUT a every turn. Maybe I'm just harsh. Maybe everyone is over sensitive because of what we've been dealing with for the last year and a half.

As for me, I have about a quarter of a tank. I'm teleworking today and tomorrow, have no plans to go anywhere over the weekend. So I think I will be OK until Monday when I will attempt to get some gas.

AC *you just can't fix stupid*

rationality has left the planet
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.