Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
It's very surprising that Fidelity is having so much trouble with this. It should be just a matter of talking to the right person.

In general Fidelity is really good with customer service--I even had a rep call me once saying, "I'm someone who is charged with listening to those recorded calls. You had one yesterday where you got an answer that clearly didn't satisfy you. Let me give you a more complete answer." We had a good talk, I understood the issue better. They really mean it when they say "this call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes"!

But on another occasion I was not getting satisfaction to a quirky issue, to the point of such frustration that I wrote a letter to Abigail Johnson, copying Fidelity's lead attorney. My issue was resolved within a day of her receipt of my letter. And I got a nice personal letter back from her exec assistant.

[Lest I paint a false impression, overall, for years, I've been very pleased with the service at Fidelity. It's where I do virtually all of my financial dealings, the only exception being credit cards.]

The situation here is of a different nature, and the lawyer might in this case actually legitimately say that SEC rules--or whatever--are the hurdles to be cleared. But a letter might also stimulate a review of their internal processes so as to expedite similar situations in the future.

mathetes
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.