Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
It's worrisome for sure. Thus far I've been fortunate - 100% of rents have been on time. Mind you I'm hardly Jeff Bezos, currently I'm just with 4 homes.

I think it's possible, as a new generation of leaders take over that more eviction moratoriums, etc come up and if that happens, I think many small landlords will sell their properties and invest somewhere else.

And renters can then have solely big corporations to deal with - corporations whose shareholders seem to expect a larger return on investment than I'm currently earning off my rentals.
Print the post Back To Top
Kind of depends.

I stopped raising rents in January 2020 and will restart in January 2022. Increases will be a little more than my usual annual increase and still less than if I hadn't stopped raising rents for two years.
Can't find the article, but read a few days ago where some landlords are now asking for multi month rents in advance. An unintended consequence of the rent moratorium.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 1
some landlords are now asking for multi month rents in advance. An unintended consequence of the rent moratorium.

Getting multiple months of payments in advance creates it's own unintended consequences - it's much more difficult to evict for something like property damage, having a pet or breaking other rules in the lease when the tenant has paid several months of rent in advance.

AJ
It's worrisome for sure. Thus far I've been fortunate - 100% of rents have been on time. Mind you I'm hardly Jeff Bezos, currently I'm just with 4 homes.

I think it's possible, as a new generation of leaders take over that more eviction moratoriums, etc come up and if that happens, I think many small landlords will sell their properties and invest somewhere else.

And renters can then have solely big corporations to deal with - corporations whose shareholders seem to expect a larger return on investment than I'm currently earning off my rentals.