Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 17
...or a recent negative test in order to participate in certain social activities, including indoor dining, visiting museums and attending shows.

The expanded use of Italy’s health pass, which Italian authorities are calling “green certification,” is meant to both encourage more vaccination and blunt the spread of the Delta variant, which is already causing an increase in coronavirus case numbers across the continent.

“The virus’s Delta variant is menacing,” Italy’s prime minister, Mario Draghi, said during a news conference on Thursday night. “We must act on the front of Covid-19” to continue to allow Italy’s economy to recover. A spokesman for the prime minister said that businesses will have to enforce the requirements and will be sanctioned if caught violating them.

Well, imagine that... another country not allowing a minority of morons and anti-vaxxers to allow a deadly virus to climb yet another wave, add tens of thousands of people to the death toll, and destroy a recovering economy.

Huh.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/22/world/europe/italy-covid-...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 15
It's too bad that the idiots (Trump as the leader of this group) politicized the whole stupid pandemic thing. I cannot believe that the stupidity to do this has hampered the US so much. I cannot think of another rich developed Western educated democratic nation that did this on the same scale. (Every country has its own idiots - but for the most part, politicians did not take the opposite side to science/medicine in many countries. Sure, all countries had mis-steps, but the US seemed to complicate it all with president idiot-stick Trump and his idiot cult members.)

I remember thinking the US got past the politicization of Covid-19 once the vaccinations started especially when the US was about 30% fully vaccinated and Canada was at 3% - Canada surpassed the US in fully vaccinated people aged 12+ (~60% now) and single-dose vaccinated people 12+ (~81%+) in the last two weeks. The message from ALL relevant politicians/leaders, right and left, has been fairly consistent.

Even Premier Doug Ford (Trump-lite) led Ontario well-ish and did not interfere with the Covid messaging.

After the most incompetent White House ever under Trump mishandled almost everything about this pandemic, you would have thought that even the GOP would have learned. Wow! Idiots. I couldn't believe these so-called patriots cheering American deaths at CPAC or wherever they were when that GOP member announced that Biden didn't reach the goal of 70% vaccinated by July 1st!!!! Cheering???!!! (If nothing else tells you that the current GOP are all about party before country, that would.)

I hope that Biden continues to do a competent and even better job going forward.

Cheers,

Icemann
No. of Recommendations: 2
Italy actually started the required vaccinations with health care workers:
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-03-31/italy-...

March 30: All health workers in Italy must have coronavirus jabs, the government said on Wednesday, in a potentially controversial move aimed at protecting vulnerable patients and pushing back against 'no-vax' sentiment.

How did that work out?

Back when the decree went into effect, 10-15% of Italian health care workers were not yet vaccinated, in spite of vaccines being available to them.

Now, there remains some resistance, but the unvaccinated now appear to be about 2.5% of the total number of health care workers:
According to recent official figures, 45,750 of the 1.9 million salaried healthcare workers have not yet received a single vaccine dose.

Considering that Italian officials believe 1-2% of health care workers cannot get vaccinated due to their own compromised heath issues, it looks like about 1% of the workers are still refusing the vaccine.

Last week, 300 of them sued the government claiming the vaccine mandate was unconstitutional.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I cannot think of another rich developed Western educated democratic nation that did this on the same scale.

Brazil (the 8th largest economy in the world) watched America and said, "hold my beer." Their Trump-like President never even tried to get the pandemic under control and more than 1000 people a day are still dying in Brazil.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, imagine that... another country not allowing a minority of morons and anti-vaxxers to allow a deadly virus to climb yet another wave, add tens of thousands of people to the death toll, and destroy a recovering economy.

Hopefully America's leaders do the same.

Biden Pelosi Schumer, 2020
No. of Recommendations: 2
I cannot think of another rich developed Western educated democratic nation that did this on the same scale.

Our right wing mediasphere is a huge part of the problem. They seem to be hard at work un-educating Americans and indoctrinating them into the cult of Trumpism. Let us never forget how Trump blatantly said that he 'loved the poorly educated'. Of course he does.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Leadership is needed that is more stronger than a few blogs and cable channels.

Or better yet, after we put our "I love the Constitution and I wanna protect Democracy" signs down lets curtail free speech.

Either way, My Pet Goat....is being read as Delta grows.

Biden Pelosi Schumer, 2020
No. of Recommendations: 12
Smerconish on CNN today was about it being time for the U.S. government and employers to start requiring vaccines and to stop "punishing the vaccinated". I absolutely agree and I absolutely don't care how angry Republicans and anti-vaxxers get, I could not care less. We can't fix stupid but we can at least force the stupid not to kill the rest of us.

Get vaccinated or lose your job.

Get vaccinated or be barred from the concert or game.

Get vaccinated or get banned from the restaurant or bar.

It's time.