No. of Recommendations: 2
Police are investigating an incident at a Berks County hunting club in which someone on the hunting grounds allegedly targeted a mechanical flying object rather than a living and breathing one.

SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness (SHARK) are in the midst of a campaign against the Wing Pointe commercial hunting grounds in Hamburg, Berks County and its live pigeon shoots in which the birds are shot down. SHARK began to use an “Octocopter,” a remote controlled flying machine with a high tech video camera, to secretly record the pigeon shoots as they happen.

"The pigeon shooters are basically going into hiding," said Steve Hindi, president of SHARK. "So they're using a ring that's up a hill and completely surrounded by trees. So the only way you can get to it is through the air."

The drone, nicknamed “Angel,” was recording a live pigeon shoot on Sunday around 3 p.m. when investigators say it was suddenly struck by gunfire.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Flying-Camera-From...

----

Good for the hunters. Hope they get all the drones flying over their property.......

Don't need no snoopy PETA types ..........sneaking around.

Looks like it was more of a helicopter than plane, probably flying pretty low.

Wonder how many points they got for hitting it?

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good for the hunters. Hope they get all the drones flying over their property.......

Don't need no snoopy PETA types ..........sneaking around. - Tele

-----------

I got two questions..

What's the daily bag limit on drones?

Does Art have a yummy recipe?
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I got two questions. What's the daily bag limit on drones? Does Art have a yummy recipe?" - Bighairymike

Actually the Japanese eat drones. As in honeybee drone brood. Some people raise them commercially for that very purpose.

I used to eat my young pigeons when I got too many of them. Young pigeons are delicious.

Value-added products from beekeeping. Chapter 8.
"In China and Japan, drone larvae are canned for export or, after being covered in chocolate, become a sweet treat. Bee brood is regularly sold alongside honey ."

http://www.fao.org/docrep/w0076e/w0076e19.htm

Art