Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
Hi All;

Just so no one gets the wrong idea, I think Philip is a person of unimpeachable character who works extremely hard to provide the best possible product he can provide to those that subscribe to the Value newsletter.

Though I have personally never met him, I have had both e-mail and boards discussions with him and his investing message has always been the same, help anyone that asks.

With that said, I do not subscribe to a single Foolish newsletter, nor do I believe any of the claims for 95% return since inception, or any of the other silliness that seems to be used to sell one Foolish newsletter or the other. Claims of unachieavable returns are just that, claims.

Perhaps someday the Foolish newsletter departments will pay an outside auditor to go through what the actual returns have been so that this information might be used in the subscribe now campaigns.

On a prior thread (http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21626589) there was some comment from Mr. Gardner about a poster not being quite fair in complaining about an advertising link to the Value newsletter. All of the points made were, in my opinion, open, sincere, and to some extent, frank. Kudos to Tom G.

But here's my beef. Every time there is a post made similar in scope to the one that started the thread I metioned, at least to my mind, it's a violation of The Motley Fool's Rules - Terms & Conditions of Service.

http://www.fool.com/help/index.htm?display=newuser02

Specifically what's violated is: "Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters and pyramid schemes;"

While I can't and won't speak for anyone but myself, I have to admit that I'm curious as to why the rules of Fooldom that apply to me, don't apply to everyone?

Wax
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.