Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Way, way back on that fated day, October 4th, 2006, I decided to implement my oh so carefully thought out banking strategy. Heck, if Russell, Seth and Co. could all do this easy as pie, surely I could manage to survive a few clicks of the "End" button. Keep in mind I was ranked #2 at the time, and was planning my method of attack on Russell. So I ended 20 picks, and repicked them, and promptly disappeared from the leaderboard. My accuracy was destroyed dropping from near 70%, to 50%.

Down to a 70 rating I went. Oh, it was cold down there in the deep, dark teeming masses of the non All Stars.

It sucked.

Now, I managed to claw my way back up through the ranks, roughly doubling my pick total over the last two months, and maintaining my accuracy, and I reach #13.

Almost there.

For all the hype and doom and gloom surrounding the bank strategy in CAPS - I submit it remains extremely difficult to execute successfully, and the rare player who does it, is indeed the exception to the rule.

So in that regards, congrats Seth, Russell, and downwithpumpers among others.

For all the talk about gaming CAPS, it is a lot harder to actually do it. I don't think CAPS has to worry about this sort of thing anytime soon.

I think the best way to be successful in CAPS, and in the real investing world, is to focus on finding stocks that are trading below IV. Simple eh?

Next challenge - getting my score above 1k. This darn 500 mark is pissing me off.

Steve

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.