Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
It's been a while, but the last time I cashed a savings bond there was paperwork showing the amount of interest. Why not just use that?

Actually, when I cashed them in, the paperwork they gave me did not show the interest paid, just the total payment received for each bond. But it isn't a matter of calculating the interest -- I have that information. In fact, I have already filled out my taxes for everything except a K-1 that I won't receive until March.

What I'm more interested in is just having all the "official" documentation. I'm very meticulous about my tax folder containing official documents for everything I report on my taxes...and the 1099-INT for the paper bonds I sold is one of the only things I am missing...

Thanks again for the help.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.