No. of Recommendations: 3
car debt 2011 Nissan Sentra $2204 at 2.49 % pmt biweekly $112
Share Secure bond debt loan $1400 at 3.55% pmt $85 per month 18 month repay,
Share Secure bond loan $45 at 2.25% final pmt due in December.
Chase Freedom $1480 13.9% variable rate min payment $25.
Chase Slate $0 9.49% variable rate $0 min payment.
American Express Everyday Cash $0 $0 min payment. 15.9% variable rate

Fico score 812 as of June 4, 2016.

Paying Freedom card on Thursday $425
Paying car $112 on Thursday.
Paying Secure bond loan $85 Thursday.

Future plans to pay down. I do see getting if everything goes my way I get $700 worth of junk bond interest on December 15, 2016 and paying Freedom card down

Other matters
Mom passed away last year in April 2015.

Still live with dad

Still work same company but still stuggle with job

Plan of selling dads home if he dies and spit proceeds with brother and see if can move in with him in Florida as can not make it in Phoenix
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Good to "see" you again, mtr. I'm very sorry for the loss of your mom. I hope you have been able to manage all right, as I know there is a good bit you face every day. Glad you've been able to continue to work at the same company, even when it's a struggle.

ThyPeace, glad you're still paying things off.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I recognized my coworkers for doing a good job in the staff meeting today. I increased my meds to 4 mg risperdone i'm stressed 3 months ago.

The nissan has 109,250 miles on it. I really don't want to trade right now I owe alot and I do not want to have negative equity applied to the new loan.

I get offers all the time for new cars dealearships to buy a car. I simply take the letter and go to my room and shread the dang thing. I delete emails saying im preapproved for $50000 on a vechicle. There is no way I ever could pay back a $50000 vechicle ever on what I make.

I currently do have some Caa1 bonds in my portfolio. I monitor the news from the payer closely every week.

I still lucky I have a job that still pays my bills and live with my dad not that ***** from **** in Scottsdale.
No. of Recommendations: 1
The nissan has 109,250 miles on it.

Just getting broken in ;-) Cars should last at least 200,000 miles these days, if they get the recommended maintenance (oil changes, 30,000-mile checkups, whatever).

But since it's a 2011, looks like you're putting ~20,000 miles on your car/year. Is that because of a long commute or road trips--is there any way you could drive less to help your car last longer?

I note that plenty of people who could easily afford a new car don;t buy one because they're frugal or just not "car people." My son, who's an almost 37-year-old teacher who makes ~$70k, is still driving a 98 Toyota (18 yrs old) with well over 200,000 miles on it. He's also never bought a brand new car.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I make $32900 a year. The drive from Surprise to Scottsdale is 40 miles one way I do 5 days a week. The only give laptops to Trainers, QC and Leads, Analysts and a few technicals that all.

If gas gets over $4.00 a gallon again I'll ask my boss if I could change my hours I work and take the van pool and pay $35 a month if a spot is available and get up in the morning at 4:30 am. get to the van pool at 5:30 a.m start work at 7:00 a.m to 3:30. I like my hours from 8:30 to 5:00.

Forecasted bond interest $1800 or better for the year. Forecasted interest from cds $350.

Realized ST capital gain. $440.00. Realized LT capital gain $217.00

I had to do phone coaching with United Health Care tonight have 1 more session to do. Completion gets me $260 in my HSA and a $20 a paycheck reduction in the cost of health insurance next year.

I buy used shirts, pants and shoes in my size on Ebay to save money. I also use Frys coupons they send me.
No. of Recommendations: 0
The drive from Surprise to Scottsdale is 40 miles one way I do 5 days a week.

Any possibility of carpooling? I've done it. Less flexible, but also less expensive.
No. of Recommendations: 1
The only two people in my department that live in surprise are not interested.
No. of Recommendations: 0
The only two people in my department that live in surprise are not interested.

That is unfortunate for all. I am assuming that they wouldn't consider it for any number of days a week.