Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
It's been way too long since I have dealt with the 1040A form, but my guess is that if she were to amend her 2011 taxes, she would also have to switch to a 1040?

Yes, but that's not the real issue here, which is that she would have to itemize deductions on Schedule A to deduct employee business expenses, which are a miscellaneous itemized deduction, and the total of those deductions gets a 2% of AGI haircut.

Probably not worth it, but run the numbers to be sure.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.