Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It's easy enough to say "If I have x kilometers to go, and y hours to get there, I need an *average* speed (taking into account acceleration and deceleration) of z kph to get there.

Welcome to calculus =)

But I don't know how to convert pounds of thrust into kph.

Well, in theory you wouldn't use pounds, but probably kilograms of thrust or Newtons. This is how large boosters are often rated (meganewtons of thrust).

One newton equals the force required to accelerate one kilogram of mass at one meter/second/second.

But only if I can do it correctly and nontediously.... Any suggestions? The details of determining how fast they can go and whether they will make it in time only affect a few pages out of the whole book, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to correct them, once I know how to word it.

It would take a while to compute everything out. Personally, if it's not particularly relevant to the story, I'd just fudge it and summarize.

-Hook
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.