Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
It's fine now. Going over their offering, I notice something that is problematic - for me. When I push/pull funds via ACH using Treasury Direct (.gov), the funds arrive at their intended destination immediately on the scheduled date. [Note: I haven't an account with IngDirect.] I see that ING wants to play the banking-as-usual game, though. No fees, no minimums - looks good on a brochure. But instead of being competitive with the funds they have for lending, which is the business they're in, they choose to engage in deceit. I'm referring to the non-interest-earning, 2-3 day hold on linked funds - going into and out of one's ingdirect account. Everybody does it, but it seems deceitful to me. If TreasuryDirect can manage to push/pull without delay, why can't everyone else? Because it's another profit center to them. Deception, deception, deception. Welcome to Capitalism.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.