Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
It's funny that ya'll keep bringing this up. Jesus threw the Capitalists out of the temple. They were taking advantage of the poor to make a buck. Jesus called those capitalists a "den of thieves!"

Not all that funny at all, he was really protesting the Pharises allowing this to go on at the Temple

Funny how some see it as an attack on Capitalism

Paul was persecuted by the Capitalists in Ephesus who made idols out of silver because they were worried that Paul's preaching was going to cause people to quit buying their idols.

WHo perseuted Paul? Capitalists or cronies who used the government to subvert all that capitalists of today believe is true?

You are not very good at getting jesus's message it appears to me

Paul was persecuted by the Capitalists in Ephesus who made idols out of silver because they were worried that Paul's preaching was going to cause people to quit buying their idols.

We already shot this down once, but twice is fine with me, what does the above say? That the worship of idols is not the path to heaven, not that trading wiht others or their effort is somehow wrong, which is what capitalists believe

Again I say, you are not very good interpreting the message of Jesus. But that is fairly obvious, for anyone taking is as the Word could not believe that everyone goes to a similar fate.

Whether I am a believer or not, your interpretation is totally whacked, my friend.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.