No. of Recommendations: 3
I figured with Moo-U in town traffic would be bad so I left early. I gave my self 30 minutes to drive less than three miles. It took me 50 minutes. No biggie, I just lose out on 20 minutes of OT pay. The more upsetting part is that I wanted a good parking spot facing the tailgate lots with my Romney stickers on my car (doing my part to spread the good word!) but since I was late I ended up in the back lot facing a building where nobody will see my stickers. Meh, at least I won't come back to slashed tires, keyed paint or something like that.

Needless to say this town is PACKED with humanity, plenty of them already two-sheets to the wind and getting further lubricated. It's the calm before the storm right now as the gates aren't open yet, once they do open a few calls will trickle in until just before kick-off when the crush happens and that's when people will start being stupid. Underage drunks will fall into the arms of officers ready to write them tickets and put them into a holding cell until they sober up. Someone will goose someone's girlfriend and start a fight. At least one old person will lose track of their friend who doesn't think as well as they used to and will come to me for help (and I'll tell them that we're more worried about missing kids than adults for obvioius reasons, so they have to look for their friend themselves until after the game). Someone will puke in at least one of our cells. And lots of people are going to drop cameras, phones, wallets, credit cards, jackets... you name it they'll drop it (hey, if they lose their kids what won't they lose?!?) And nobody's cellphone will work because you get 110,000+ people all in one place, many of whom have smartphones and it doesn't matter who your carrier is, no signal.

But it's quiet now. Lunch should be here soon, after that stuff will start trickling in (maybe a cite or two from the golf course tailgates, a scalper busted, etc.)

I have no idea how I'm going to get home after the game without hitting a ton of traffic. The bridge I'd normally take to go home is still under construction, so I'm stuck trying to take the same alternate routes everyone else is stuck using. There's really no good way for me to go that won't be absolutely clogged, even though I don't leave until hours after the game ends (neither do lots of other people, unfortunately!) I may just go WAY out of my way, hit a coffee shop, get my wife a treat for Sweetest Day (a BS Hallmark Holiday that is popular here in Michigan, just an excuse to have two Valentine's Days IMHO) and basically take the backroads around so I'm actually coming INTO town to go home (since everyone else is leaving those should be free and clear). It should be quicker. Last time Moo-U was in town it took me over an hour to get home.

I should have rode my bike. But with rain in the forecast I chickened out. D'oh!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.