No. of Recommendations: 1
This is really a Foolish Question, I guess. A rhetorical question, I thought. At least I very much hoped so.

We were taught not to murder. In the country where I pay my taxes it is a crime to call for murder. You will get jail term for calling for murder over there.

Noone should be allowed to call for murder on a public message board, IMHO.

Nevertheless, some people are calling for murder on public forums like TMF.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19245902

TMFBogey's stand on the call for murder of a foreign head of state:

...we don't remove posts just because they represent ideas that aren't nice. More importantly, this post doesn't violate our rules in any way.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19260042

So my Foolish Question is:

Am I allowed to call for the murder of any person on TMF, for example to call for the murder of Abe, President Arafat, or President Bush, as calling for murder 'doesn't violate our rules in any way'?

(Notabene: I would never call for the murder of anybody, as I am not someone who apologizes, accepts or justifies murder wherever such a terrible crime might happen.)

Thank you very much for your replies. I am really worried about posting here if it turns out that calling for murder is allowed on these boards.

I am a law-abiding citizen of a Western-style country. Murder is a capital crime in my country. Calling for murder is a crime as well, over here.

Abe
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.