Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
George W Bush has banned all access to Europeans to his election site
www.georgewbush.com:

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.georgewbush.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I know this because I used to follow with interested how your elections were progressing. I must give an A+ for this latest brilliant action from your president.

www.johnkerry.com works as always.

Best Regards,

Adren / Finland, Europe

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Exactly what would be the benefit for Bush to do so?

Because he is obsessed with the ways Europeans view him?

LOL.

LOL.

I have no idea, you tell me. I was just browsing the sites.

Best Regards,

Adren

LOL.

By the way, the site works fine with anonymizer
( http://www.anonymization.net/ ) through

http://www.anonymization.net/http://www.georgewbush.com

So it is truly banned from Europeans. I agree with you on the LOL part.

Best Regards,

Adren

<<So it is truly banned from Europeans.--Adren>>

Why should you expect the webmaster to permit the site to be clogged up by foreigners (hostile or otherwise), when its sole purpose is to convey information to U.S. citizens who have the right to vote? Plus, there is ample information in many other places--it is not as though you are being kept in the dark.

There was a time when even the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. tacitly agreed not to meddle in each others' "internal affairs" (at least not publicly). But now a lot of Euros seem to prefer meddling in U.S. politics over their favorite blood sport. This does not make us like you better.

[Note: On a personal level, I had the pleasure to work with some Finns some years ago and found them very likable--and very capable.]

/s/ S.T.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Why should you expect the webmaster to permit the site to be clogged up by foreigners (hostile or otherwise), when its sole purpose is to convey information to U.S. citizens who have the right to vote? Plus, there is ample information in many other places--it is not as though you are being kept in the dark.

So do they have bad servers and low bandwith? If this reason would hold water, surely the John Kerry site would be closed too?

There was a time when even the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. tacitly agreed not to meddle in each others' "internal affairs" (at least not publicly). But now a lot of Euros seem to prefer meddling in U.S. politics over their favorite blood sport. This does not make us like you better.

Are you saying that Europe = U.S.S.R nowadays? The reason why Euros are so interested is because you have the first standing president in history who has discarded the U.N to conduct a war.

And why did you presume that I wrote my message so that I tried to make you like me?

[Note: On a personal level, I had the pleasure to work with some Finns some years ago and found them very likable--and very capable.]

Why thank you, I have met some likable US citizen also.

Best Regards,

Adren

<<Are you saying that Europe = U.S.S.R nowadays?>>--Ad the Finn

Pretty close. Pretty darned close. I know you Finns have some special historical problems with the Russians--and we helped you out with that--on the sly--during the time we needed the U.S.S.R. as an ally against The Third Reich. So if it stings a bit too much to be lumped in with the rest of the Euros on this point, I can consider a special exception for the Finns, provided you get off George Bush's back.

<<The reason why Euros are so interested is because you have the first standing president in history who has discarded the U.N to conduct a war.>>--Ad the Finn

False. Check your history.

<<And why did you presume that I wrote my message so that I tried to make you like me?>>--Ad the Finn

Good question. The answer is because the Euros here and the Kerryphiles have been feeding us this malarkey for a year now about how we should conduct policy in ways calculated to make everyone outside the U.S. like us. I just took them at their word and assumed that everyone outside the U.S. was already doing the same toward us. It would be so, according to the old Golden Rule, don't you know?

But you have shown us otherwise and have given the Kerryphiles the lie--just in time.

/s/ S.T.
I know you Finns have some special historical problems with the Russians--and we helped you out with that--on the sly--during the time we needed the U.S.S.R. as an ally against The Third Reich. So if it stings a bit too much to be lumped in with the rest of the Euros on this point, I can consider a special exception for the Finns, provided you get off George Bush's back.

I would SERIOUSLY like a link or more info on this. Seriously! Being that I am of Finnish background, and have read quite a bit about the Winter War against Russia, I really don't think the US helped Finland one bit....BUT if you have any info on that I would really like to know.

I think the Finns did an amazing job, since they were I think the only country the USSR waged war against who remained independent in Europe.

Thanks in advance if you have any source you can point me to!

Hochizen

Hey, Finns are great people! Sometimes I even amaze myself!
I can consider a special exception for the Finns, provided you get off George Bush's back.

So if I start to like Bush, you in your crace will not consider Finland being a part of Europe which is modern U.S.S.R.

I must think about that one for awhile.

False. Check your history.

Nice oneliner. Was the other war a success?

The answer is because the Euros here and the Kerryphiles have been feeding us this malarkey for a year now about how we should conduct policy in ways calculated to make everyone outside the U.S. like us. I just took them at their word and assumed that everyone outside the U.S. was already doing the same toward us. It would be so, according to the old Golden Rule, don't you know?

Of course I am not suggesting that the US should run its foreign policy according to other peoples opinions.

I have a few questions for you my friend, before I continue:

What does war mean to you?

Would you characterize Bush's foreign policy as being successful?

Do you think all life is equal?

Best Regards,

Adren

Welcome, Adren. Anybody from a country that can kick the USSR's butt in the snow is an asset here. :)
Thanks in advance if you have any source you can point me to!

Hochizen

He doesn't have it.

Adren

Welcome, Adren. Anybody from a country that can kick the USSR's butt in the snow is an asset here. :)

Hehe, we are on a same page there.

Here's a good site about the snowy days of the war if you're interested:

http://www.mil.fi/perustietoa/talvisota_eng/

Thanks for the invite!

Best Regards,

Adren
<<I have a few questions for you my friend, before I continue:

[1] What does war mean to you?

[2] Would you characterize Bush's foreign policy as being successful?

[3] Do you think all life is equal?

Best Regards,

Adren
>>

In reverse order:

No. 3. Of course not. I will smash a bug or a snake merely because he has strayed into the wrong place. I would not do that to a human--or a dog.

No. 2. Absolutely, yes. No further terror attacks on U.S. interests outside the war theatre since 9/11. Successful elections in Afghanistan. Saddam in custody; elections scheduled in Iraq. Libya forsakes terrorism as state policy and seeks to rejoin civilized commerce. Corruption in U.N. Oil-for-Food program exposed without Bush having to confront U.N. (or France or others involved) directly with the charge (the big question is why doesn't the world at-large pick up on this betrayal by this corrupt cadre and demand that Annan and the other scoundrels be ousted?). World's economy on its feet again and growing--despite anti-growth policies maintained by the ECB. The list is much longer. And in the fullness of time, efforts now in progress, if allowed to stay the course, will lead to fundamental change in the Middle East. It is they who need to reform and enter the 21st Century--do you not agree?

No. 1. Why do you ask?

/s/ S.T.
No. 2. Absolutely, yes. No further terror attacks on U.S. interests outside the war theatre since 9/11. Successful elections in Afghanistan. Saddam in custody; elections scheduled in Iraq. Libya forsakes terrorism as state policy and seeks to rejoin civilized commerce. Corruption in U.N. Oil-for-Food program exposed without Bush having to confront U.N. (or France or others involved) directly with the charge (the big question is why doesn't the world at-large pick up on this betrayal by this corrupt cadre and demand that Annan and the other scoundrels be ousted?). World's economy on its feet again and growing--despite anti-growth policies maintained by the ECB. The list is much longer. And in the fullness of time, efforts now in progress, if allowed to stay the course, will lead to fundamental change in the Middle East. It is they who need to reform and enter the 21st Century--do you not agree?

I see that we disagree on a fundamental base here. Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out.

No. 1. Why do you ask?

I know the answer now from the no. 2.

Best Regards,

Adren

<<I see that we disagree on a fundamental base here. Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out.

No. 1. Why do you ask?

I know the answer now from the no. 2.
Best Regards,

Adren
>>

Well . . . pacifistic philosophical positions are fine . . . especially from the idyllic zones near the Arctic Circle where the cross-currents of reality in the world rarely collide. But somebody has to deal with the scourge of Islamofacism, before it's too late. As I have said here many times, hopefully, with a minimum of coercion, they get a grip on themselves and undergo reform. This kind of thing has happened in the world before. This is just the first time we have been able to communicate about it, in real time, around the globe. And so far, we have confined the carnage to a pittance of what transpired in many, many prior episodes. For that the world should get on its rooftops and salute the U.S. and George W. Bush. If the world's ego is too big to permit such a gesture, it should just stand aside and cheer quietly.

Thanks for the good wishes. Same to ya'.

/s/ S.T.
<<I would SERIOUSLY like a link or more info on this. Seriously! Being that I am of Finnish background, and have read quite a bit about the Winter War against Russia, I really don't think the US helped Finland one bit....BUT if you have any info on that I would really like to know.>>--H

My information came directly from the mouths of some well-connected Finnish folks I had the pleasure of working with. I didn't know about it aside from that, of course, as it happened before I was born. As I was told, the "aid" was quietly delivered, filtered through a neutral European country. I suspect enough time has passed to dampen any sensitivity about it, but I still would not want to name that country here. I'm sure that, with not too difficult an inquiry, you can get the rest of the story.

I don't vouch for the following--it's just something that turned up on a quick Google search--but it corroborates, more or less, what I was told directly:

<<The Russo Finnish war has been covered on ETV and/or PBS and you could probably get videos from those sources. I remember that the US sent some 50 obsolete fighters to Finland and maybe some aid. The last I remember, Finland was the only nation in the world to pay us back for the war time support we provided. Britain still owes us for several wars back to 1812.>>

http://www.pasty.com/discuss/messages/1779/2238.html?WednesdaySeptember320030945pm

/s/ S.T.
Re: the US helping the Finns.

Ya learn something new every day.

Looks like the Brewster Buffalo was, for a while, the mainstay of the Finnish air force. They weren't given to Finland, but they were sold to Finland. http://www.airspacemag.com/ASM/Mag/Index/1996/JJ/ssbb.html

True, they may have been "the worst fighter of WW2" and were dubbed "the flying coffin" by our Marines...but hey, at least the US did sell them......

I have an old button, probably belonging to one of my grandparents, that says "aid Finland." Looks like the US did something there.....hey, the US HAD to have Stalin, but at least they tried to help out.

Cool.

Mycket damn bra!

The Finns talked that way a lot. There were a lot of technical words that they didn't have a version of in their language. So they would talk to each other in their language but it would be spattered with English words. It didn't matter to us--they could have their private discussions in confidence right in front of us and even though a few words of English would always come through, it didn't give away their position.

And what about the P-36s? Looked like they had at least 44 of them from Curtiss-Wright. That's not the same as this "Brewster Buffalo" is it?

/s/ S.T.