Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
It's pretty sad that supporters of this administration have to continually resort to dredging stuff up from 35 years ago

i was unaware that i was a supporter of this administration.

i was also a resident of Massachusetts at the time of Teddy's wrong turn. There was a great deal of speculation floating around, considering the convenient time delay between the accident and the first appearance of Teddy after the accident. Alcohol use was one of the principal speculations, but it was not the only one. The accident reports were sealed. Autopsy info (if any) was also sealed. One must also take into account the power and wealth of the Kennedy family at the time. If Mary Jo's family "freely chose" not to have an autopsy, why didn't the police conduct one anyway? The death was clearly suspicious, considering that the driver disappeared from the scene. If i had been the driver, you could bet your @ss and about 14 herds of additional @sses that the investigation would not have stopped with a "Please don't collect any forensic evidence from the corpse". The obvious question (was Mary Jo loaded?) could have been answered with a blood test. If one occurred, the results went into the secret archive. The question of pregnancy would have been answered during an autopsy. The implied question that will never be answered (Was she offed because she was pregnant?) could easily have been answered in the negative and forever laid to rest. <*> It wasn't.

So, what do we have?

:> Very powerful family.

:> Very wealthy family.

:> Very important political figure (Senator).

:> Very suspicious accident.

:> Very convenient disappearance of the driver.

:> Sealing of the evidence.

:> Failure to conduct appropriate forensic investigation.

Little wonder the rumours flew.

cassandra

who would vote for a yellow dog with a skin condition before i would vote Teddy for POTUS -- but that doens't make me a Repug.

<*> Yes, i know what i just wrote. It is ugly. It is the kind of speculation that pops up whenever there's a cover-up. Such speculation is often baseless, but the cover-up gives it legs.

/**/
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.