Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 88
It's so easy to be brave hiding behind the anonymity of your computer screen, isn't it, tough guy?

I realize this is difficult for you, involving computers and all, but click in my screen name. You are taken to my profile, which lists my real name.

I have written in many boards that I live in Knoxville, that I ran broadcast stations for Westinghouse in Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Boston, that I was a VP for HGTV in its early days, that I programmed in Fortran in 1964 (or was it '65?), and in Basic in an Apple ][+ in the 1970's, including a database manager, games, and other nonsense. I have awards from national organizations and failures too: I have been fired twice, once correctly, once not.

In some 25,000 posts I have also managed to mention that I ran my own business in the 1990's using 14 Macs of various stripes networked together in a spare bedroom, which I successfully sold, and another more mundane business which I did not.

I don't believe I have ever mentioned that I took Spanish from 6th grade through high school and five years of college, that I considered being a professional musician (14 years of piano, 8 of woodwinds), but that I went to Lehigh to be a mechanical engineer, then an economist, and finally to a Liberal Arts college to be a broadcaster. Glad to have that last bit of scurrilous information out there.

I use Crest toothpaste and shop at Kroger's. I am happily married 27 years now, have 5 cats and a dog. Anything else you'd like to know, just holler. In the meantime, how about displaying just the smallest amount of board decorum and keeping your political drivel where it belongs, in the dark nether regions of your backside. I know I'd appreciate it, and I'm pretty sure everyone else around here would too.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.