Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 6
I've already filed for an extension on my taxes. So here is my problem. I had too little tax witheld and now I owe a bunch of money. I am trying to find more deductions in order to lessen the amount I owe.

I think you may have a different problem that you don't realize. While you got an extension on filing your taxes, it doesn't include an extension on paying your taxes so you're starting to accrue at least interest at the moment, if not penalties.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.