Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 7
I've already filed my federal & state tax returns for YR2000. While I was cleaning up, I found my 1099-G for the tax year 1999 which I did not include in Federal Tax return. The amount listed on the 1099-G, was about $100.00.
=== === ===
If the 1099-G is for a state refund, then it is taxable in tax year 2000 only if you itemized for tax year 1999.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.