Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
I’ve been out of town and away from the boards for a few days. Did I miss anything? ;)

Thanks to everyone in this thread for helping to clarify the situation, especially Fuskie, who I learned more from than the official communication.

I’ve already been a happy Market Pass member since last summer, so maybe I’m not getting all the communications about the transition because I’m already there? But there are non-subscription related effects of the transition that affect me.

I think what Fuskie describes about having one set of message boards common to all the services is a big positive. No more posting the same thing to 4 different Alphabet or investing philosophy boards, right? I’ve been asking for that for a long time. (In fact, since I’m posting from my phone right now, I can’t even be bothered to post these same comments on the other services’ relevant boards.)

What upsets me the most is that ongoing coverage of existing stock picks is going away. I own around 60 different Fool stocks between my regular and Roth brokerage accounts, many of them from IV, II, and HG. I can’t follow all of them myself, but I have always been comfortable to outsource keeping an eye on them to the Fool advisor teams. Without any official overwatch and guidance on those stocks going forward, I’m much less comfortable holding these stocks all on my own. I will probably continue to hold because I don’t want to have mass-turnover in my accounts, especially the taxable one. But I won’t be happy about these orphan stocks. If there is a major change or event at the companies, I will probably be biased into selling absent any Fool guidance.

Will the advisors continue making value, income, and small cap picks within Market Pass on a monthly cycle? Is it likely that the best stocks (group A, and maybe group B) will be re-recommended in short order? Why not keep the existing recommendation lists going and just merge them into Market Pass instead of starting over?

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.