Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I've been thinking about moving into a share, but I'm nervous about it. I really love living alone, but rentals are very expensive here, and I'll never save up for a down payment when I'm paying almost half my take home pay in rent. But finding a good roommate is the hardest part - in the past, I've either ended up with someone who parties all the time or tries to convert me to their religion every time I try to get out the door. After the last one, I swore "never again" but the financial end is so much better, I think I have to give it another try.

One thing I'm doing now is moving a lot of my things into storage, I rented a storage unit and I'm packing up boxes and moving some small furniture. I love my "things", I inherited a lot of them from my parents and other relatives so I don't want to give them away, but it makes moving difficult. I want to get to the point that I can move everything in my car, except maybe my bed and a couple of other pieces of furniture. That way, I won't be stuck somewhere because I can't afford to move. I'd prefer to have my own little "nest" with all my books (I have four bookcases full!) and other things around me, but I think I need to be more flexible for a couple of years at least.

Karen
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.