Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

I'm probably going to get alot of flak for this but I"m gonna ask the question anyway.

As my understanding goes, student loans can be included in a bankruptcy under extreme circumstances. Does anyone know what is considered extreme? or can point me in the direction of a legal precedent of said happening?

I've been tossing around the idea in the back of my head, as I'm working on starting my own business. Increasing my income will increase my ICR payments, which should not theoretically interfere with my quality of life, but... I don't want it to hold me down like an anchor either.

The likelyhood of my income reaching a point where I would be able to pay off the loan(s) is nill to null. or naught to aught? Anyway...

Just wondered, if anyone had any suggestions.

Lady I, getting really tired of carrying around the monkey on her back.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.