Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've discovered that my great grandmother lost her mother when she was four years old. Her father remarried and had seven more children. I doubt that my great grandmother remembered or was ever told who was her biological mother.

Interesting. I have discovered a weird situation in my family, also. My great grandfather (from Romania) seems to have been born 18 - 23 years before any of his siblings. I actually have a copy of my great grandfather's 1868 birth certificate and copies of census records to piece all this together. However, the mother and father listed in the 1868 birth certificate both show up in US Census records. My grandfather never explained the age gap to me (and he probably didn't care), but he has passed away now. Maybe the "siblings" were really cousins who were adopted.

Ron
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.