No. of Recommendations: 2
I've found Credit Unions are usually less expensive for checking accounts (and everything else) than banks. They may want you to give them a copy of your DBA but a bank would want the same thing and you should get a DBA anyway.

I've found the same thing, and we have DH's business account at our credit union. We also have a no-fee cashback credit card from CitiBank that he uses for his business expenses, and since I pay it off each month, we get that little back as well.

See if there's a credit union in your area that you might be able to use for your business account.

Also, as far as learning to use Quicken, I would suggest one of those night classes at the local college or high school. I just got the flyer for ours, and they always have things like how to use Windows, Office, Quicken, etc. It is really quite easy and intuitive, but you do have to get used to it, so that might help.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.