Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Enough talk, either the market goes down, or I do--with the newsflow as greviously bad today as it is--FBI raids on major banks just HAVE to be bullish, right?, and an inexplicable 4-digit S&P print, I can't resist any longer. This rally is like last year's... which ended badly--I got short that one too soon, but in the end, fundamentals prevailed and my account balance went from -5% to +60% on the year last fall. I've done it again. I'm virtually all in short via Dec puts on a variety of things and a massive Euro short/long dollar position.

As the economy has gotten markedly worse in the past month and investors more brazenly foolish, it is now virtually unavoidable that the 666 bottom will fall. I'm raising my odds that we will see 666 go down from 80% to 95% and I'd place even money on whether 500 on the S&P holds up next year. We've just rallied 50%... why not go back down 50%? (My short positions only need us under 900 by December to pay nicely).

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.