Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've had a few questions about dal. Is now a good time to buy or not. Its down but?

minutemen151,

Any particular reason you are asking this question on the Rule Maker Companies board? Last time I checked, airline stocks don't really make any rules due to their high debt levels, relatively low margins, and the fact that they deal in a commodity business. You might have more luck posting a poll such as this over on the Delta Air Lines board.

On a completely different note, I hope you are not going to base your investment decision on the results of a message board poll. I'm sure that 99% of the respondents to the poll will do less than two seconds worth of research on the company before voting, so the results of the poll may be almost as accurate as flipping a coin. Take a look at their financial statements, read up on their business model, talk to some customers about how they treat their passengers ... those kind of things are a heck of lot more meaningful than a "Should I invest in company XXX right now?" poll. Besides, if everyone says go ahead and invest and the stock flops, the folks on this board aren't going to issue you a refund.

Just my two cents.

the LanceMan

.. who just so happens to work right across the street from Delta Air Lines HQ

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.