Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've had an interest in it for the past 2 years or so. If you are really interested in this company, do a search of this board for all of the posts written by Lynton.

What interested me in this company is the possibility of royalties. INCY has contracts with something like 18 out of the top 20 pharmas for use of INCY's annotated gene databases. If a pharma develops a drug based on genomic information contained in the database, INCY gets a royalty for every pill sold. The estimates that were being bandied about were something like 50-80% of all new drugs in the pharma's pipeline came straight out of INCY's gene databases. Can you imagine getting a royalty from 50-80% of all new drugs sold?

So why isn't anybody interested in INCY anymore? (1) The economic meltdown and the fear of investing in technology. (2) We still have 5-10 years before these royalty payments start to kick in.

Even if you don't want to jump into this one right now, I'd advise you to read Lynton's posts and keep an eye on this one going forward. This may turn out to be a long term winner.

Matt
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.