Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've learned that the more you use the internet, either for mail, TMF, shopping, or research, the easier to use it becomes, and the faster you get at it. When I first started using the computer, I typed with 2 fingers and didn't know what I was doing. Now I use it easily and my friends think I'm some sort of an expert (yuk, yuk).

Trini

One definition of an expert is being one page ahead of the student.

I started writing professionally in 1958 and for all these years I've been meaning to learn to touch type but never got around to it. Not that I am slow using four fingers (three on one hand, one on the other) but I have come to a realization my mind and fingers are at one with each other and if I learned to touch type I'd probably babble more than I do now – and I do often babble.

I write my posts in MS Word then cut and paste. Lord, how I love the spell checker in Word. Back in the early days of computing I used Electric Pencil and then MultiMate word processors. MultiMate had a spell checker in that it outlined misspelled words but didn't automatically correct them or offer alternatives. And MultiMate cost more then than Word does now. I wrote two books using MultiMate and both have spelling errors.

You may think that having more than 48 years writing experience I should know how to spell by now. I wish. Is it I before E except after C? Not always. The plural of mongoose is what? My neice, neece niece can spell better than I.

About golf. Whatever turns your crank. I am sure it is fun, good exercise, and a challenge to overcome. However, today, as I was out in my boat sitting back and sipping hot tea, I wonder. Saw cormorants, a few seals, lot of seagulls, and on the sounder lots of fish. Didn't do diddly squat but sat there and enjoyed the sun – a perfect 19th hole all day.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.