No. of Recommendations: 1
I've never had RAM go bad. Whenever I replace it is to upgrade (increase). I do know that if RAM is bad you can fail to boot, have instabilities if it does boot, and get various errors. The only way I would know how to check it is to replace it and see if it gets better.

I don't think a 2007 machine should need replacing. Unless you are a serious power-user it should perform more than well-enough to surf the internet and run office-related applications.

I would take the thing to someone like Steven (or Genius Bar) and let them tell you what's wrong. I strongly suspect it will cost much less than a new iMac.

1poorguy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.