No. of Recommendations: 4
I've never posted on this board and hope I'm not intruding on a private conversation.
Wow! I'm amazed that I've read 8 of the books if we're counting among all categories (Nonfiction, fiction, and children).

My favorite of the Larsson books was the third in the series. I grew tired with the second book and almost skipped the last ("Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest"). Very glad I didn't!

I've read all three books in the Hunger Games series, but the first was the best IMHO. A very thought provoking read for kids and adults...would be great for discussion at a book club.

My favorite book of 2011 was "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks". It told the story of an African American woman who died of cervical cancer in the 1950's and whose cancer cells were extracted by Johns Hopkins researchers (a patient's consent was not required by law at that time). This cell line was the first to be used and reproduced in the laboratory for research (the cell line is alive and continues in use even today). It's a great historical and scientific narrative that includes a very personal story.

I haven't met anyone who didn't love, "The Help" :)

I just started reading "Steve Jobs" so I can't count it. I watched the Charlie Rose interview with the author and was hooked. As an Apple product user and shareholder, I feel compelled to read the biography.

Regards, Sue Ellen
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.