Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I've read Forbes picks..

The question i have, does anyone look at the expected P/E?

Brocade (not sure if they are listed, but nevertheless, is way overvalued) is expected to do .33 for fiscal 2000. Hey, a profit. Still if Brocade didn't go up another point from today, they'd have a 324 price-to-earnings a year from now. If Brocade didn't move till 2001, their p/e would still be 209 based on .55 for fiscal 2001.

Covad is the #2 company on the ramp champ list, but is expected to lose -$3.61 for fiscal 2001. No point doing this company.

If Redback didn't move a point till 2001 they would have a 199 p/e on .34 expected earnings.

Ancor is #10 on the list. Before they missed their last quarter by 50% and had lower estimates across the board, they were expected to do .13 cent 2001.

I'll just say Ancor does .10 cent for 2001, even though the analysts say they'll do -.04

If Ancor does .10 cents for 2001 (even though the analysts say they'll lose money), Ancor would have a 216 p/e ratio?

I understand people said the same thing about Yahoo, eBay, Amazon, Aol, ect... back in 1996/97/98 but seriously has this gotten out of hand? How do you justify these type of numbers?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.