Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've recently checked into the possibility of withdrawing 401(k) money (with a former employer) and this is what I found out. There are "hardship" withdrawals but they do not include a provision for education. Check with your plan administrator in case you are eligible for a hardship withdrawal (doctor bills, IRS, etc.) and use your cash for school. But a loan from the federal government is something you might consider. FAFSA forms are available on-line.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.