No. of Recommendations: 0
I've run into a problem trying to open my wife's 403(b)(7) account with Vanguard. They are not
willing to sign the "Hold Harmless" agreement required by the L. A. County Office of Education.

I wanted to open the account with Vanguard in order to invest in their index accounts. So, I would
like to find another mutual fund company who will sign the agreement required by the school
district. Maybe this is a long shot, and I will probably have to contact many companies, but does
anyone have any advice?

Also, on a related note, this 403(b) plan is often put into a T.S.A. How do Fools view this
investment vehicle?

Try T.Rowe Price. I just switched my wife's 403(b) account to them. They have an S&P 500 Index fund. They charge no set-up or maintenance fees. They are an authorized provider for my wife's school district. I an not familiar with the "Hold Harmless" agreement.

Regarding TSA's, I am not a fan of insurance companies as investment managers. We did not start my wife's 403(b) until the school district expanded the program to include mutual funds.

Hope this helps.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.