No. of Recommendations: 0
I've travelled to SF a few times in the last several years and the best fare I got was last summer. That's just my experience, so take it as that. Don't forget to check JetBlue, too--they fly into Oakland as well as SF. And my favorite carrier was Delta as Song, though I hear they're phasing that out.

I'd recommend a Grey Lines tour of the city to start. It'll hit most of the touristy highlights with minimal effort on your part and get you oriented to the city.

Don't miss a visit to Berkeley--easily reached via bart.

North and South on Rt 1 are both absolutely WONDERFUL. North = Muir Woods (redwoods), Napa Valley, wine country and Point Reyes for a more wilderness, sunsets on the beach sort of thing. South = The 17-mile Drive, Big Sur and many other wonders.

Have a great trip!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.