Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I've used all kinds, but primarily Idahos for mashing and red potatoes for potato salad. Because I hate to peel potatoes and have yet to teach my cats (due to unopposing thumbs, I suppose), I just throw them in a pot whole. Boil with some salt. After a few minutes, I "knife" a potato and the skin slips off under running cold water. Then I put it back in the pot to finish cooking.

I mash them several ways: sometimes by adding chicken broth, which is VERY low calorie, and sometimes by adding sour cream, which is very creamy. After I smush them with a masher, I whip 'em with an electric beater.

Tossing in some roasted garlic is very yummy, too.

elizabeth
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.