No. of Recommendations: 7
I've used the keyboard with computer just fine. The green lite blinks, but iPad BT can't seemp to sync it

Someone with more experience with Bluetooth keyboards may be able to answer your question more completely. This is based on my experience with Bluetooth headsets.

A bluetooth device can't be paired with two items at once. You have to remove it from your computer before you can pair it with your iPad. I have a set of bluetooth headphones that I usually use with my iPod Touch. I had a lot of trouble getting them to work with my iPad, because they were still paired with my iPod. The way I finally got it to work was by turning off my iPod Touch (completely shutting it down). Then I was able to pair my headphones with my iPad. In order to pair my headphones, I have to hold down the power button for a certain length of time, wait for a light to blink red, and then select the headset in the Bluetooth settings of my iPad. Some devices require that you put in a 4 digit code in order to pair, although I don't think the iPad does. (When I paired with my computer, I had to put in the code.) You'd have to find out the specifics for your keyboard.

The pairing is a one time process, although you might have to repeat part of it if you switched back and forth from your computer to your iPad. I think there must be an easier way to do this but I may just be missing something. If you use your bluetooth headset or keyboard with only one device, it's very easy, but pairing and unpairing from one device to another is a little tricky.

Karen
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.