Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've used TurboTax ever since it became available for the IBM-compatible PC, and tried TaxCut one year to compare it to TT. I also tried a highly-recommended (and highly-priced) CPA for a couple of years. My opinion: TurboTax is cheaper than the CPA and a better package than TC by far. Using any package yourself makes you understand your tax situation better, and will encourage you to keep better records in the <u>following</u> year. And in my case, TT could have saved me about $15K in taxes in one year alone because my CPA neglected to take advantage of a quirk in the law that TT pointed out.

If you wait until early in the calendar year, you can usually get a hefty discount on a TT/Quicken package. I don't think much of Intuit's support, but overall I'm a satisfied customer.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.