Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
We have enjoyed our summer vacation and are now preparing to return for our 3rd try at IVF next week. My doctor is adding the pill to my protocol because last cycle (way back in May), I ovulated prematurely. So we'll be on Follistim, Repronex, Antagon, and whatever contraceptive pill he decides to prescribe.

While I am excited by the hope that each new try brings, I fear reaching a definitive end. Even though we budgeted 4 tries, in the back of my mind I have been considering using next year's tax refund to try again if our 4 don't work.

We've never been almost pregnant or even kinda pregnant (the closest is the 2 times the doctor transferred our precious embryos into my uterus). So I am struggling with whether it's even possible at all.

We will be older parents, 40 and 45, but we have wanted nothing more. I'm ready for it.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Thanks!
Cheryl
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.