Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
in Press Conference after game Eichel was asked about fans chilly reception for his return to Buffalo!!!

Eichel: “this is the loudest I’ve ever heard this place, ever…. it only took 7 years and me leaving for them to get into the game”

OUCH!!!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I love that Buffalo won this game, and the one against Toronto. Really want to see Vegas fail to make the playoffs.
And throwing shade at the fans is a truly classless move. You want to blast the organization, fine, but the fans? Eichel has skill but I have always found him unlikable; thanks for validating that.
I ran into him a couple times in downtown Buffalo Starbucks where the players used to frequent and he always came off as a kind of jerk with a chip on his shoulder!!!
Maybe still resentful that Buffalo fans really wanted McDavid?
Sabres had worst record in the league that year,but, Edmonton somehow won the lottery!!!

Sabres GM Darcy Regier said, we got screwed” and Eichel threatened to go back to college for his final year!!!
Yes - Edmonton had quite a track record of winning the lottery - and an almost equal track record of making bad picks, or turning good picks into plugs.