Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Jack,

You mention competition to the Garmin Forerunner series, but don't mention any manufacturers and their make and model.

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to come off as "the proverbial THEY" in competition without basis....the main competition in this segment I see is Timex. They have a number of devices that are timers with and without GPS, as well as with and without heart rate (chest strap).

Examples include Bodylink Trail Runner, Bodylink Mid size system etc. The main disadvantage of these is that the GPS is in a 2nd module, and the GRMN one is integrated into the watch.

As for your comments aobut the high end model segmentation....when I go to running races, I see a large number of my competitors wearing them...I think the overall running population is for sure a small subset of the population, but seems like it is warranted to service. There are a million running shops, all selling tons of gadgetry that we don't need.....a pair of nike's (note, not my brand) and we're on our way.

cheers,
glenn
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.