No. of Recommendations: 0
Jacqui,

I have had this conversation with my twenty something year old daughters. I think an index fund is clearly a reasonable choice. But why not spend a little more time and think about products or services you use everyday and think will be around for years to come.

Combine that with good managment,like a company founder you believe has integrity, and you have the foundation of a great investment. With your long term investment horizon you should be in great shape!

My daughters over the years using this strategy, have invested in Starbucks, Facebook, Apple and Nike among others. Good luck and keep posting questions. Just taking an interest in investing at your age puts you way ahead of the game!

David
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.