No. of Recommendations: 1
JAFO,

I suggest that youare taking useful terms with standard definitions and conflating them in a way that makes them less useful rather than more useful.

I'd suggest you are missing the entire purpose of a functional grasp of English vocabulary. If you truly understand what I have explained, and you think there is a better way to express it, then dancing around the periphery isn't doing anyone any good.

You are not only free to restate the message accurately in whatever language you feel is more "standard"... if you are indeed able, and decline, you are taking that opportunity for learning away from those who show up precisely for that.

Stretching your traditional and comfortable vernacular is not conflation.

Because I generally like you, I will stop now.
I find this odd to state you'd be *less* forthcoming because of affection... is this a sincere practice of yours? Does it not strike you as perhaps a bit less honest?

Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.